Week 3 Sociology Topic
I. Read George Herbert Mead’s and Charles Horton Cooley’s theories of human development.
1. Compare and contrast the two
2. Why are these theories part of the symbolic interactionist paradigm?
II. Research the “Key agents of socialization”
1. List and describe them.
2. How did each agent shape and influence your life?
3. Which of these agents has been the most important in your life?
III. Find a verifiable scholarly article for information on “Feral Children.”
1. Define feral children.
2. Explain why sociologists use feral children to support their arguments about the importance of socialization.