Case study 2: hp applies management science modeling to optimize its | CIS 356 Decision Support and Business Intelligence | Strayer University
“HP Applies Management Science Modeling to Optimize Its Supply Chain and Wins a Major Award,” located in the textbook.
Write a three- to four-page paper in which you:
- Identify the problems that a large company such as HP might face in offering many product lines and options.
- Summarize your understanding of the models and the algorithms used by HP.
- Assess the business benefits that HP derived from implementation of the models.
- Conduct an additional online search to find more details about the algorithms and similar models. Propose at least one additional model or algorithm that you could use to solve HP’s problems.
- Explain why C-level executives must be engaged and committed in this kind of effort. (Consider points that Chou mentioned during his acceptance of the Edelman Award.)
- Use at least three quality references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe DSS software packages and their application into organizational practice.
- Compare and contrast DSS modeling techniques and analysis.
- Develop a decision support solution to solve a proposed business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in data mining.
- Write clearly and concisely about Decision Support and Business Intelligence topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.