Business finance – management week 6 – assignment: select a possible
Week 6 – Assignment: Select a Possible Method and Design
Create a brief summary of the research method, and then design your plan to use to investigate your research topic.
Select a method and design appropriate for a PhD study. PhD quantitative studies must demonstrate both internal and external validity (e.g., large, random samples, statistical power and representativeness). Qualitative studies must demonstrate validity within the context of the specific qualitative design (e.g., credibility, dependability, transferability, trustworthiness). Replication studies are not permitted. Your summary must address the following:
- Note a specific method and design you plan to use in your research.
- Describe and substantiate the appropriateness of the method and design to respond to the stated problem, purpose, and research questions.
- Note how the proposed method and design accomplish the study goals, why the design is the optimum choice for the proposed research, and how the method aligns with the purpose and research questions.
- Provide appropriate foundational research method support for the proposed study design.
- Explain the particular data gathering techniques and data analyses processes. Sample size of the study population should be identified and must be appropriate and justified based on the nature of the study design. Quantitative analyses must include justified sample size determination.
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your assignment using the Upload Assignment button below.
Week 7 – Assignment: Provide a Background and Introduction
Hide Folder InformationTurnitin™This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin™.Instructions
Your assignment is to construct an introduction for your topic. Follow this outline to address required components:
- Include an introduction heading
- Begin by briefly describing your topic to establish the main ideas and context.
- Next, orient the reader to the basic concepts about your topic presented in the problem and purpose statements.
- Next, describe the facts and relevant context as a foundation leading to the study problem and purpose. Focusing on your area of research interest, briefly laying the groundwork for what has been done in the area and why the area is of important social or practical concern, or of theoretical interest.
- Last, present an overview explaining why this research topic is currently of interest.
- Include appropriate, recent, and scholarly sources to support each assertion.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 4-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy