4-6 discussion: peer review | English homework help
In this activity, unlike in other discussions requiring you to respond to two peers, you will be reviewing only one peer’s writing plan. The topics and viewpoints presented in your peers’ writing plans do not necessarily reflect the views of SNHU. Because SNHU values academic freedom, a range of topics relevant to the assignment prompt are explored in this class. Please note that you are not assigned to comment on a specific peer’s work. If you are uncomfortable commenting on a particular topic, please select a different post that you feel comfortable responding to.
Exploring persuasive topics can often mean investigating opinions and ideas that are different from your own. Remember to remain thoughtful and respectful towards your peers and instructor in your discussion post and replies.
Now that you have finished watching a video on the peer review process, let us put what you learned into practice! For this activity, you will use discussion prompts to help review one of your peer’s submissions of Project One: Writing Plan. Your review will focus specifically on your peer’s main argument, potential challenges, and integration of evidence. As stated in the video, it is important to be honest and thorough during the peer review process. Your job is to help your peer determine how clear their intended argument is and how well the sources they have found support that argument.
Create one initial post and follow up with ONE response post.
For your initial post, do the following:
- Copy and paste your Writing Plan into the discussion forum.
- Complete your initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
For your response post, do the following:
- Select one post made by another student to evaluate. Try to find a student who has not had any feedback. Reply to one classmate outside of your own initial post thread.
- For this module, complete your one response post by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
Read through your peer’s post carefully, and then address the following prompts:
- State your peer’s argument about the persuasive topic.
- How can your peer address the challenges that were identified about convincing your peer’s audience?
- Offer one research or writing suggestion to help meet your peer’s identified goal.
- What evidence would convince you as a reader?
To complete this assignment, review the