Homework Tutor Help
Discussion post | Nursing homework help
Respond to any 2 prompts (should be from different chapters) in an original discussion post.
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Sociology
- Summarize conflict theory, symbolic interactionism, and structural functionalism. Explain why you are in college based on each of the three theoretical perspectives. Explain which of the three theoretical perspectives best describes why you are pursuing higher education. (CSLO2, USLO 1.3)
- Explain the sociological imagination (SI) and what it means to reflect upon one’s life using the sociological imagination. Describe a recent situation in which societal pressures influenced a choice you made. Using your sociological imagination, explain how those societal pressures may have been different for your parents and grandparents when they were your age? (CSLO2, USLO 1.1)
Chapter 2: Sociological Research
- What type of data do surveys gather? For what topics would they be the best research method? What drawbacks might you expect to encounter when using them? Think of a recent survey you have completed and list some of the ways you could improve it. (CSLO 3, USLO 1.8).
- Would you willingly participate in a sociological study, like the Stanford Prison Experiment, that could potentially put your health and safety at risk, but had the potential to help thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people? Explain the code of ethics for social research and defend if you think it is too restrictive and would prevent quality social research? (CSLO 3, USLO 1.9)
Chapter 3: Society and Social Interactions
- Share a major stressor in your life (e.g., childcare, unemployment, family, etc.) and explain if that stressor exists in the three various types of societies described in the readings. How would that stressor be addressed in those three societies? (CSLO 2, USLO 2.1)
- Explain both the Thomas theorem and the self-fulfilling prophecy. Summarize a time when you have experienced the self-fulfilling prophecy. Make sure to explain how your sense of reality was shaped and whether others could have perceived the situation as a different reality. (CSLO 2, USLO 2.3)
- Explain one of the following three theories in detail: Merton’s role theory, Goffman’s role performance, or Cooley’s looking-glass self. Apply the theory to your current life situation. Next, predict how your life will be different one year after graduating from college and utilize the same theory to describe your future life scenario. (CSLO 2, USLO 2.3)