Business finance – management conceptual assignment #3 (bus6750
Conceptual Assignment #3
Chapter 13: Discuss how the need for control over foreign operations varies with firms’ strategies and core competencies. What are the implications for the choice of entry mode?
Chapter 14: An alternative to using a letter of credit is export credit insurance. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using export credit insurance rather than a letter of credit for exporting (a) a luxury yacht from California to Canada and (b) machine tools from New York to Ukraine?
Chapter 15: An electronics firm is considering how best to supply the world market for microprocessors used in consumer and industrial electronic products. A manufacturing plant costs approximately $500 million to construct and requires a highly skilled workforce. The total value of the world market for this product over the next 10 years is estimated to be between $10 and $15 billion. The tariffs prevailing in this industry are currently low. Should the firm adopt a concentrated or decentralized manufacturing strategy? What kind of location(s) should the firm favor for its plant(s)?
Chapter 16: Price discrimination is indistinguishable from dumping. Discuss the accuracy of this statement.
Chapter 17: What is the link between an international business’s strategy and its human resource management policies, particularly with regard to the use of expatriate employees and their pay scale?
The Conceptual Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give quality answers that show mastery of the concepts being discussed, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the answers must directly address the questions or discussion topics using chapter readings and research.
- Conceptual assignments test the understanding of key concepts and elements of International Business, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key concepts and elements of International Business are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 6 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion at the end of the paper.
The Assignment must be in APA format