Module 4 discussion | Accounting homework help
Fair value accounting has been controversial for years. Find an article about the fair value accounting controversy and share a link to your chosen article in your initial post. Then, discuss the author’s views – do you agree with the author? What implications are there for companies based on this article? As a user of financial statements, do you want to see fair value accounting or cost accounting? Why?
In your responses to peers, review the articles they found and discuss whether you would have responded in a similar way. Discuss similarities and differences between the articles chosen by your peers and your own. Do you agree with the thoughts of your peers regarding their preference of fair value accounting or cost accounting?
Your active participation in the discussions is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions will help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts of the course. These discussions give you a chance to express your own thoughts, ask questions, and gain insight from your peers and instructor.
For each discussion, you must create one initial post and follow up with at least two response posts.
For your initial post, do the following:
- Write a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs.
- In Module One, complete your initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete your initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.
For your response posts, do the following:
- Reply to at least two classmates outside of your own initial post thread.
- In Module One, complete your two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
- In Modules Two through Eight, complete your two response posts by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than saying things like “I agree” or “You are wrong.” Guidance is provided for you in the discussion prompt.