Psychology psych week 6 assignment | COUN 6220 – Psychology of Personality | Walden University
ANNOTATION OF A QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH ARTICLE
Submit: Annotation of a Quantitative Research Article
This week, you will submit the annotation of a quantitative research article on a topic of your interest. Quasi-experimental, casual comparative, correlational, pretest–posttest, or true experimental are examples of types of research designs used in quantitative research.
An annotation consists of three separate paragraphs that cover three respective components: summary, analysis, and application. These three components convey the relevance and value of the source. As such, an annotation demonstrates your critical thinking about, and authority on, the source. This week’s annotation is a precursor to the annotated bibliography assignment due in Week 10.
An annotated bibliography is a document containing selected sources accompanied by a respective annotation of each source. In preparation for your own future research, an annotated bibliography provides a background for understanding a portion of the existing literature on a particular topic. It is also a useful first step in gathering sources in preparation for writing a subsequent literature review as part of a dissertation.
Please review the assignment instructions below and click on the underlined words for information about how to craft each component of an annotation.
Please use the document “Annotated Bibliography Template with Example” for additional guidance.
It is recommended that you use the grading rubric as a self-evaluation tool before submitting your assignment.
- Babbie, E. (2017) Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 3, “The Ethics and Politics of Social Research”
- Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J. H. (Eds.). (2020). Research designs and methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 12, “Quality Considerations”
- Chapter 13, “Ethical Considerations”
- Document: Threats to Internal Validity (PDF)Download Threats to Internal Validity (PDF)
- Walden University Office of Research and Doctoral Services. (n.d.-a). Identify a Research ProblemLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/research-center/student-research/identify-problem
Download the “Litmus Test for a Doctoral-Level Research Problem” document.
- Walden University Office of Research and Doctoral Services. (n.d.-b). Tools and guidesLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/research-center/research-ethics/tools-guides
Download the “Research Ethics Approval Checklist”. Read this document to understand the ethical standards that researchers must address during the research planning process.
- Walden University. (n.d.). Essential elements for writing annotated bibliographiesLinks to an external site.. Walden University Quick Answers. https://academicanswers.waldenu.edu/faq/358634
- Links to an external site.Walden University. (2015a). How do I find an article that reports on research that uses a specific methodology?Links to an external site. Retrieved from http://academicanswers.waldenu.edu/faq/72633
- Walden University Writing Center. (2015). Common course assignments: Annotated bibliographiesLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/annotatedbibliographies
- Document: Annotated Bibliography Template with Example (Word document)