Journal #1 | Nursing homework help
Reflective Journal Entry Guidelines GNRS 583
(1) Select TWO Core Competencies from the form below and articulate how you applied it to your clinical performance. Comment on a minimum of 3 points in each section, as applicable.
(2) Discuss the developmental appropriateness of one of your patients in terms of Erikson’s and Piaget’s developmental theories. Did he/she meet the expected milestones for development?
(5) Comments and/or Any Concerns:
Patient Centered Care
– Institute and individualize plan of care (POC) with a focus on assessment and planning
– Communicate care provided and needed to each transition in care
– Implement interventions to address physical and emotional comfort pain and or suffering
– Describe the Pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy for selected patients
– Interpret patient assessment data
– Teach family patient regarding health promotion wellness, disease management, and prevention.
– Utilize comprehensive assessment data, incorporating the patient’s values preferences needs and diversity.
– Provide emotional support to patients and their families. Describe spiritual needs and develops interventions to meet them.
Teamwork and Collaboration
– Communicates with patients, family and inter-professional team
– Demonstrates awareness of own strengths and limitations as a team member, asks for help when appropriate.
– Able to give Handoff, with providers and transitions (SBAR)
– Understands roles of Health care team to meet the needs of patient
– Function competently within your own scope of practice as a member of the intra/inter-professional team
– Demonstrates accuracy and relevancy in bedside report
Evidence Based Practice
– Reference clinical based activities with evidence-based literature
– Recognize the nursing and other health professions are parts of systems of care and care processes that affect – outcomes for patients and families
– Identify Quality Improvement Projects in the care setting
– Demonstrates effective use of technology and standardized practices that support safety and quality
– Adhere to national patient safety guidelines that affect outcomes for patients and families
– Implement strategies to reduce risk of harm to self or others
– Use appropriate strategies to reduce reliance on memory
– Communicate observations or concerns related to hazards and errors to patient’s families and health care team
– Organize multiple responsibilities and provide care in a times manner
– Navigate and document within the electronic health record, where appropriate for clinical setting
– Apply technology and information management tools using critical thinking for clinical reasoning and quality improvement to support safe processes of care.
– Manage data, information, and knowledge of technology in an ethical manner
– Product confidentiality of electronic health records
– Demonstrate core professional values (caring altruism, autonomy, integrity, human dignity and social justice).
– Maintain professional behavior and appearance per ELM Handbook
– Maintain competent confident and professional bedside manner
– Comply with the Code of Ethics Standards of practice and policies and procedure of APU, Dept. of Nursing and Clinical Agencies
– Accept Constructive criticism and develop plan of action for improvement
– Maintain a positive attitude and interact with inter-professional team members, faculty, and fellow students in a positive professional manner
– Provide evidence of preparation for clinical learning experiences
– Arrive to clinical site at assigned times; ready to receive report
– Demonstrate expected behaviors and complete tasks in a timely manner
– Assume full accountability for professional behavior during the experience and perform within ethical/legal norms. – Use time constructively, even when direct patient care with assigned patient is complete
– Accept individual responsibility and accountability for nursing
– Engage in self-evaluation
– Assume responsibility for learning