It645 week 1 individual work | IT645 Virtual Systems | Colorado Technical University
Unit 1 – Individual Project (100 points)
Due: Sun, Sep 3 |Printer Friendly Version
Throughout this course, you will be working on a Key Assignment that is based on several aspects of virtualization technology that will result in a complete virtual technology implementation plan for a case study organization.
Virtual technology allows an organization to take advantage of flexible computer system infrastructures that combine and extend physical systems. Virtual technology provides unique opportunities to layer systems and offer services to users in unique ways that help organizations reach their business goals. Each week, you will complete a part of the virtual technology implementation plan with the final draft that is due at the end of the course.
Your Key Assignment will be based on a fictional organization called TriState Solar Group (TSG). Please read this
information on TSG, and refer to it for all of your assignments for this class.
You will apply your research to the analysis and development of a virtual technology implementation plan that would be appropriate for the organization and the needs that it has for its systems. Additional information and the deliverables for each Individual Project will be provided in the assignment description for the project. This is the course Key Assignment that you will make contributions to each week.
The first step will be to define the issues that you find with the current TSG corporate environment. The issues defined should be nontrivial, demonstrate domain knowledge, and reflect the research done in the Discussion Board.
Organization and Project Selection
TSG is the fictional organization. All information on TSG can be found in the problem-based scenario.
Key Assignment Overview
The first assignment consists of documenting the current environment and identifying the potential issues found. The length of the document should be 8–10 pages, including the blank sections.
Week 1 Assignment
Create the Virtual Technology Implementation Plan (VTIP) document using Word, and format it in APA style. It should include the following:
· Title page
· Course number, name, and section
· Project name
· Student name
· Professor name
· Table of contents
· It should be autogenerated by Word (required).
· It should be repaginated before each submission.
· It should be placed on a separate page.
· The depth should be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3.
· Section headings
· Each heading starts on a new page with the heading on the first line of the page, followed by the content for the current phase. For future sections, place TBD on the second line.
Project Introduction (Phase 1)
Overview of Virtualization (Phase 2)
Evaluation of Current Issues in the Organization (Phase 3)
Determination of Return on Investment (ROI) (Phase 4)
Implementation, Security, and Risk Management (Phase 5)
· New Content for Phase 1: Project Introduction
· Project Outline
· Describe the organization, its current situation, and the issues noted.
· Identify preliminary areas for improvement in the infrastructure.
· Name the document as follows:
· Lastname_FirstInitial_IT645_IP1.doc. For example, Doe_J_IT645.doc (or .docx)
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your textbook, all course resources, and any external research and resources you have gathered.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form